School size and shape
The university will now adopt the subject configurations outlined here within the recently proposed new Schools.
The next steps will be to establish a consistent School Leadership and Management Framework. We expect each School leadership team to comprise of:
- Dean of School
- Associate Dean (Education and Student Experience)
- Associate Dean (Research & Enterprise)
- Associate Dean (Academic Operations)
- Senior Administrative Lead
These shadow teams will take forward the establishment of the new Schools in which we are seeking to: establish academic subject leaders, raise the profile of the subject groups, raise the profile of course leadership, and establish cross-school leaders to support the delivery of the University’s Strategic Priorities alongside academic leadership roles to support school-specific activities.
This will be undertaken alongside a programme of work to ensure effective system and structural implementation, enabling a smooth transition to the new model from 1st August 2020.
School Size and Shape - March 2020
- The diagram is a proportional representation that details the final model for School Size and Shape based on two rounds of engagement and subsequent approval by UEB in February 2020.
- The segments represent the size of the School and subject areas by full-time equivalent (FTE) at all levels of study (UG, PGT and PGR)
- The diagram automatically orders School size from largest to smallest. The subject areas making up each School are also in ascending order by size.
(click to enlarge)